Friday, June 22, 2012

Reveal

I'm blogging very little this summer.
Not by plan or intent.
There's been plenty of things I've thought "I should blog that" but then it doesn't happen and we are on to the next thing or next thought.

Right now I'm sitting outside on a cool evening as the moon is coming up and the first fireflies are appearing.
My bambinos are on the trampoline thinking they are going to sleep there.
One night this summer we will but not tonight.
We spent the majority of the day with some Utah friends.
It was so good to have them here.
We drove them around our town and as we did I told my friend it was strange to have her here.
Two worlds colliding.
I'm dragging out the process where we wrap up the day.
We will eventually do it and tonight I think I'll walk past the messes and head to bed early.
Maybe grab a book on my way.
It's one of those nights.
Tired body.
Full heart and head.

I read something yesterday morning from The Message Bible; it's sticking in my mind.
Matthew 6:6, 9 & 10

"Here's what I want you to do: find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role play before God. Just be there simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you, to God, and you will begin to sense his grace."

"Our Father in heaven
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right; 
Do what's best-  as above, so below"

It's my prayer tonight.
God Reveal who you are to me and set the world right. May my focus be on you instead of me.

Amen and Goodnight.







Photobucket

3 comments:

Kimberlee Jost said...

I'm so glad you got to spend a day with a Utah friend.
And I'm so glad you share that verse with me.
I need to do just as the verse says...and I will this weekend. Thank you.

Angie said...

What an absolutely beautiful verse! Thanks for sharing. Definitely provoked my thinking.

Sometimes it's good to just enjoy your life. Blogging will always be here.

Weza said...

I have been pondering over that verse lately. No role playing, simple honest faith, and taking time to JUST BE in his presence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...