Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Talk to Someone

It's late.
House it quiet.
I should be asleep but I'm checking emails, facebook, blogs, putting kids back in bed that are walking around in their sleep . . . ya know the normal.
Today's post is short.
Be a friend today.
Talk to someone you wouldn't normally talk to.
I know it can be awkward.
Even for an extrovert it can be very uncomfortable.
You NEVER now how you will impact them.
You don't know what they are really going through or how their day is really going.
You may talk to them and still walk away not knowing either of those things.
But you may impact their day or bigger yet, you may impact their life.
I received a message today from someone that reminded me that sometimes little things that we do, that are insignificant to us, are big things to them.
God uses those small moments.
Made me think.
That's why I'm still up - I'm thinking.
So find someone at the pool, the park, on your street, in your office . . . wherever your day finds you, and say hello and chat for just a moment!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

A good reminder for me to hear! I even wrote about your post today on my blog. Hope you guys are doing well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...