Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Out of the running for Mother of the Year and Friend of the Year

I'm keeping it real in this post . . . .

Yesterday I fell out of the running for mother of the year.
I took Carter and Coleson to preschool, made sure they made it inside and then went home.
An hour and a half later I froze.
CARTER and COLESON DON'T GO TO SCHOOL ON TUESDAY!
I guess she let them stay!
I laughed so hard and then I posted it on my facebook status.
The replies from other moms made me laugh.
I called the teacher after school and we both had a good laugh.

That incident was on Tuesday . . .
 ON MONDAY. . . .
I talked to my BFF on the phone and in the middle of the conversation I froze . . . .

I FORGOT HER BIRTHDAY . . . . it was LAST WEEK!!!!
Worst thing is, this isn't the first time I've done it.
I'm a terrible friend!

So today this blog post is a for her!!

I've been friends with her for almost 11 years.
She knew me before kids.
She knew me as a teacher.
She knew me as a youth pastor's wife.
She watched me figure out adulthood and motherhood.
She has seen me at my best and she has seen me at my worst.
She has seen my 'ugly cry'.
She's heard me laugh my head off.
She's talked me through many panic sessions.
She's on the top of the list for people I call, after my man and my mom, when something WONDERFUL has happened or when something SAD or DIFFICULT happens.
She encourages us to take the risks even when it means saying goodbye to them.
She makes me laugh!
She is so creative and talented.
She loves a good project.
She understands me!
She doesn't just tell me what I want to hear.
She has a heart for people and gives them the benefit of the doubt.
Many confide in her because she is trustworthy.
We lived nearby for 7 years.
We've lived far apart for over 3 years.
We may talk often in one week or weeks may go by but we NEVER miss a beat!
We have a blast together.
We have served others together.
We pray for one another and with one another.
We talk deep and both have strong passions.
We 'Get' each other.
We have lots of similarities.
We have lots of differences.
Major ones . . . . like she's an animal lover and I don't even want to hold her cats.
She is an AMAZING mother.
She's CRAZY about her man.
She is a WONDERFUL friend!

I have no idea what we are doing in these pictures but I love them because it shows how fun we all have together!



         




The thing I love about her most is she SHARPENS me!
She encourages me to be a SHARPER wife.
She encourages me to be a SHARPER mom.
She encourages me to SHARPEN my relationship with Christ and to passionately seek Him.
I am SHARPER because of my friendship with her.
I love you DEB!
Happy Birthday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop crying and I need to, the office girls are having birthday lunch for me at noon! I am so humbled and I feel so lucky to have a friend that "gets me" like you do and still loves me just exactly as I am, a broken vessel. Thank you for making my year! P.S. You can forget my birthday anytime!! Your BFF

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...