Monday, March 8, 2010

4 Yummy Recipes

Pudding in an Ice Cream Cone 
(Simple, Healthy, and Yummy)
Make pudding.
Scoop it in a cone.
Put sprinkles on it.
My kids loved this after school snack.  
I didn't do sprinkles, figured they didn't know it was an option but maybe next time.
This recipe was from a Family Fun magazine.

-----------------------------------------------------
This next one is from my sister in law Lisa. 
Had it at her place and just had to have the recipe. 

Nutty Ramen Salad

Combine 4 TBL sesame seeds, 1 Cup slivered almonds (toasted 10-15 min. 350 degrees)--watch these they burn easily, 1/2 Cup sunflower seeds, head of cabbage, finely chopped, 2 pkgs of chicken ramen noodles,  4 green onions, finely chopped.

Dressing:
4 TBL sugar
6 TBL vinegar
1/4 Cup oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 flavor packets from the chicken ramen
(I mixed mine in a salad dressing shaker.)


I've made it now three times and everytime it's SO good. 
Only one kid likes it but that's ok, more for Jason and I.
I have altered it some based on things I had at home.
I used a bag of shredded lettuce instead of a head of cabbage. Still tasted GREAT!
I also didn't brown my almonds, I bought "Almond Accents - Original Oven Roasted Flavored Sliced Almonds".  Tasted Great.


--------------------------------------------------------------
This next one I got from a Family Fun Magazine years ago and finally made it this past month.
OH SO GOOD!! My mom was here and said they looked like they came from a pastry shop. I didn't know the name of them so I named them "Pastry Shapes".

Pastry Shapes
Heat Oven to 375 degrees.
Whisk on egg with a teaspoon of water and set it aside.
On floured surface rolll out a prepared pie crust so it's about 1/8 inch thick.  
I use Pillsbury Pie Crusts, you could make your own too.


Use a large cookie cutter shape (I used hearts for V-day, the recipe is for a leaf for Fall) and cut as many pairs as possible from the dough.
For each pocket spread about 4 teaspoons of mini chocolate chips and peanut butter chips on leaf.
(I didn't measure, just did a small handful.)
Brush the egg wash on the edge, place the matching shape on top, and press the edges to seal.  
Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle it generously with raw sugar.
I added cinnamon to it also!!!!
Bake them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet until their edges are beginning to brown, about 12-15 minutes.
(I baked a little longer b/c I liked them crisp.)

This recipe can have several changes to it too. You could add a variety of things in the center instead of chocolate chips . . . marshmellows, pie filling etc. I'm going to make it this month with blueberry pie filling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The last recipe is a new way of making an everyday meal. I got this from a blog but I can't seem to find where now. 

GRILLED CHEESE ALL AT ONCE
Instead of trying to keep the grill cheese sandwiches coming you can bake them all at once.
Make sandwiches like normal and bake all at once on a cookies sheet for 7 minutes per side at 425degrees.  They don't look at browned and the crust is crispier but they taste just as good.

1 comment:

Becky said...

To bad you didn't have that recipe for grilled cheese years ago when you babysat my girls, ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...