Thursday, September 3, 2009

Saved by my Mother in Law

Today my mother in law saved me from having a bad day.
She stopped by to drop something off. I was making banana bread with the kids and while we chatted I stopped and said, "Oh shoot, I need butter and I'm out. Where are my neighbors? I NEED MY NEIGHBORS!" (Remember I've had neighbors my entire 31 years of life - till now!)
She laughed and said hold on.
She went outside to her car and came back in with a box of butter sticks.
Who drives around in the country with buttersticks in there car? HA! She had just come from the store.
SHE WAS MY NEIGHBOR.
We both got a good laugh out of it.
This was the first time I needed to just run next door to borrow something and I wouldn't have been able to do that. This would have been enough to set my day on a different path. One where I thought about my neighbors, the ones I miss, how close and comfortable we were, how we shared so much of everyday life together. I would have been frustrated, sad, and upset that now I couldn't finish my banana bread.
Instead God provided a NEIGHBOR for me just at the right time!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...