Monday, April 27, 2009

Gone Last Week

This picture has nothing to do with my post but isn't it pretty? My tulips are blooming like crazy and I just love driving up to my house to see them!!

Jason and I were out of town all last week at a National Church Planters Conference in Sunny Florida. I'm still not sure if I can say I've been to Florida since I basically was shuttled from our hotel to the church that was hosting the conference. We did eat out at some fun places and we had GREAT company at every meal. We connected with so many people that have been apart of our lives in ministry over the past 10 years! We also heard some amazing speakers . . . my favorites were Francis Chan and Craig Groschel. Kids were home with my mom (thanks mom, you are awesome!) and they all did great.

I read this paragraph today in the book I'm reading "Wild Goose Chase" by Mark Batterson (we heard him briefly speak too). It was an encouraging thing to read in the place that Jason and I are at. Maybe it will encourage some of you if you are in a "deciding place" in life right now too!

"God is far more concerned about your (my) future that you are (I am). We put so much pressure on ourselves, as if the eternal plans of almighty God are contingent upon our ability to decipher them. The truth is, God wasn't to reveal them more than we want to know them. And if we think one misstep can frustrate the providential plans of the Omnipotent One, then our God is way too small. Not only does God want us to get where God wants us to go more than we want to get where God want us to go, but He is awfully good at getting us there. He many not always reveal His plans how or when we want Him to. But when we chase the Wild Goose (holy spirit), our future becomes His responsibility. Proverbs 16:9 "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.""

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...