Monday, October 6, 2008

Random Thoughts

Today has been an annoying day . . . here's the rundown of the day . . .

started out tired,

had to put one of the twins back in bed so he could "restart" his day,

decided to make it a fun day and take the three younger ones to the Farm,

twins had some issues,

consequence was NO farm,

I realized I punished myself because I REALLY wanted to be outside all morning becuase it was an AMAZING Fall day,

that put me in a grumpy mood and I just can't get out of it. I guess I accomplished some things but overall just feel unmotivated!

I'm on the porch watching the kids jump on the neighbor's trampoline and the sun is shinning down on me, Tatum just walked by singing a song to herself.

That helps my mood!

The truth is mothering isn't always hugs and kisses is it? Sometimes it's grumpy days and unaccomplished tasks!

Jason will be home soon and that is always something to celebrate!

I also have plans for a late dessert run to celebrate a neighbor's birthday tonight. The day is looking better and better.

I haven't blogged in awhile and I my head has been full of things to blog. My mind really doesn't ever stop, anyone relate? I posted some random pics of the last week or so.

We had water damage in ALL three bathrooms! Jason has been working to tile the floors and fix the sub flooring! It even ran down into Tatum's wall . . . it was a slow leak, apparently been leaking for the last year, not really sure! It's a mess! The twins have enjoyed helping and even though it is sometimes difficult to have two helpers Jas has enjoyed it because he has such great memories of Ian helping him build our addition in our Oklahoma house!!


We had a fun weekend . . . Jay and Brenda Bartel came to visit! We've loved Jay like family for so long and it was nice to really get to know Brenda now too! They are crazy about each other! Tatum really took to Brenda - we all did! We even got a sitter and had a night out! The Comfort Quiring Suites provided entertainment around the clock for them! HA!


One of the things we did was all go to the Copper Mines. We hadn't been and it really was amazing. It's the world's largest copper mine and never shuts down. We even got lucky and got to see a blast! Cool stuff!

The kids are always traveling somewhere on their "airplane" - especially the twins. Not sure where they are headed today, it's usually to the beach or Grammy's since those are our typical flying destinations!!


Yeah, for FALL . . . I get to pull out the next season of GIRL clothes! How I love dressing a girl! Tatum wore here new boots for the first time and looked so stinkin cute . . . I told her she looked like she was ready to go ride horses at Deb's! Wish we could come over and do that Deb!


Yes, Carter is holding a chick! I, the non animal lover, bought 3 chicks on Saturday for a thing I was doing with the preschoolers on Sunday at church. My kids were THRILLED to say the least! I made sure they were aware that our life with a pet would only last 2 days!! They soaked it all up for two days! Today we returned the cute chicks . . .the kids named them . . . Little Joe, Chickadee, and Conard.


Our preschoolers at church are collecting money from now till Christmas to purchase a flocks of chicks for a third world country. It's through Heifer International. Ian's age group is collecting money to purchase a cow for a village. It's a really neat project, the kids seemed excited Sunday when I explained it to them, of course have live chicks there helped too!

That should catch you up to speed for now. The sun is still shining down on me, I better go figure out dinner plans before the "I'm hungry" chorus starts ringing in my ears!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...