Wednesday, April 9, 2008

HE DID IT!!

Have you ever thought how stupid some of the things we say as moms sound?? Today one of the twins was peeing without using his hands to aim it at all (this happens often). I told him he needed to use his hands to aim and he said, "No, look." and I replied, "NO, YOU are in charge of it, you need to use your hands!" How crazy is that?? I was laughing inside because their is a lot of truth to that, I need to teach my boys they are in charge of "IT" their whole life! HA!!

Everyone is healthy and no more vomiting stories!! I could give you plenty of poop stories but I'll spare you the actual details. One of the twins is doing great potty training, he's been accident free for a week and a half and only wears his pull up at night. The other one pees great but the poop thing has been a struggle. (I'm not using names on purpose! Trying to protect the innocent, even though they are anything but innocent.) Speaking of that I bought the twins shirts at Walmart that say "My parents are exhausted!" When I read it to Ian he said, "Yeah you guys are tired!" HA! Back to the potty training . . . we finally bought this little car and sat it up on the counter for him to see and told him he gets it when he poops. We've been making up cheers and chants for 2 days now encouraging the little pooper! The other boys are joining in on encouraging him. The neighbor boy I babysit (he's 5) must think our house is insane . . . cheering about poop! HA!! I had some frustrating moments yesterday while I cleaned up several messy pants!!! But today he did it!!! I took him to the potty and stepped out for a second and it wasn't but two minutes later I heard him say to himself as he was coming out of the bathroom, "THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD!" He had to know that I was gonna hoop and holler something crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! We all celebrated and watched him open that present!! What an ordeal! For those of you that have potty trained your kids easily my hat goes off to you!!! It is work and can take an EXTREME amount of patience if you have stubborn ones!! That would be me!! My sister in law did give me a great idea . . . I thought I had heard and used them ALL . . but this one was good, buy the blue toilet bowl cleaner that makes your water blue. Then when they pee in it it will turn green or a different shade from their pee. My boys have had a blast with that experiment! They now want to check every one's bathroom to see what color the water is. Now if I can only get some tips on how to keep them from touching the entire potty when we are in public !!! My phrase is always . . . "Remember don't touch anything, their are butt germs on it!" It gets a chuckle from them but that's about it!!
From vomit stories to poop stories . . . . hopefully this blog will steer away from those two subjects for awhile!! HA!! HA!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love the idea about the blue toilet bowl cleaner. I haven't heard that one before. I'll have to try that next time. I'm with you, getting them to poop is a difficult task.

Your stories are hilarious! I was laughing so hard Travis had to come see what was going on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...