Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday

I am so glad it's Monday and it's a new week! We have spent the last 10 days at home with sick kids - including Easter weekend!! Two of the kids had a fever (sometimes rather high) for 6 straight days!! The other two only had it for 48 hours. Many of them overlapped on their fevers, so at some points of the week ALL FOUR kids had fever!! My butt is tired from sitting on that couch. However, I did get my exercise by getting up to get drinks or medicine for everyone, usually just as we had all gotten settled comfortably on the couch. I was only thrown up on twice so not bad! HA!!! At one point we were all four on the couch and poor Ian tried so hard to keep his throw up from coming out by putting his hand over his mouth. That back fired and instead sprayed us all like a fizzed pop bottle. It hit all of us and when it hit Carter he just screamed! I decided to just laugh and pray I wouldn't gag while Jason ran for towels. I kept Ian scrunched next to me so the throw up wouldn't get on my couch. I figured it was better to let it just soak into our clothes!! Okay, anyone had enough of this story?? Anyways, now you can see why I'm glad it's a new week!

Today the twins came up the stairs carrying the empty ice cream bucket that we had out last week in case anyone needed to throw up. It didn't have throw up in it, they proudly came and told me "Look Mommy, we both peed in it!" I think they thought I was going to cheer them on!! I told them that was gross and Carter replied, "It's funny and sick. It's FunnyGross!" A friend told me today that it was a good thing God gave me the gift of laughter. True, but I do my fair share of crying, and ranting, and raving! If you don't believe me just ask Jason . . . or my kids!!! Momma's not always laughing around here and sometimes after the laughter comes the tears!! HA! I know you other moms can relate to that!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...