Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bathroom Remodel

I kept saying I'd show you our bathroom remodel but never did.
We did this back in late winter/ early spring.
This project was fun because we really had to do it together.
Jason was one handed at the time.
His finger was still in a brace and he wasn't supposed to use his left hand.
That meant I got to learn to use some power tools.
Fun!!
It was a three day job.
I can not tell you the grossness that came from pulling up that carpet!!!
Carpet in a bathroom???? SERIOUSLY!
My boys may or may not miss the toilet?
But even if they accidentally or on purpose have missed a time or two, the family that lived here before us had MANY kids and the condition of the house before we moved in gave me some serious clues as to how well they kept the bathroom clean.
Jason's brother stopped by just in time to do the part I was dreading . . . the toilet and laying new floor.
Good timing Craig!
My theme for the new look was CLEAN!!
To achieve that look I went with white and an airy blue color.
Here's the before, during and after pics!!




















DURING







AFTER




























7 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness I love it!!! I completely understand about the carpet thing. Our house had carpet in the bathroom and kitchen and I told Ryan I am not moving in until that is changed. I could not see how I was going to keep a kitchen and bathroom carpet clean with three (at the time) little ones running around. We still have carpet in our dinning room, but I manage it okay for now. It is definitely next on the list though.

Kimberlee Jost said...

The transformation is amazing! Doesn't it feel good to walk where NO ONE has every walked (or overshot) before. :)

Love the shower curtain!

Hayley said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The cups with the kids' names on them are so neat, and I love the hand!

Amy said...

WAY cute! It looks like Nebraska coastal :)

Lisa said...

Great job on the bathroom! I know what you mean about bathroom carpet...we have carpet in our bathrooms and kitchen and it's next on our project list.

It looks like you have an awesome pool there. I'm sure the kids love it! I remember going off the high dive all the time when I was a kid. I never thought about it from my mother's perspective, but I know I would be nervous now if my kids were doing it!

Tara said...

Omi.. I LOVE the cups! Where ever did you find them? I actually have a girl, a boy, and then gg twins - the flip of you in gender. We're in the midst of doing the bathroom ala kids (we recently moved), and I've been trying to figure out how to fit all four's STUFF in there. The cups are a great idea!

Nic said...

Tara - aren't twins fun?? Thanks for your comment about the bathroom. The cups are actually from Menards which is like a Lowes or Home Depot. They were in the bathroom section and they were just white. They were $5 each I think. You could maybe find white cups at other places just int he bathroom sections like Bed Bath and Beyond. Then I ordered their names from a company called Uppercase Living which has transfers. I think you can find them online. You could also get scrapbook stickers in different fonts - i just didn't know if my kids would pick at those. They ahve been great and have kept everyone organized. If you didn't do the names you could get 4 different color cups and each kid could have a specific color. Hope you find some!! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...