Sunday, July 12, 2009

40 Days and 11 Years

We made it HOME!!! After 40 days of being gone we are now home and sleeping in our own beds!! We had a great time but there is nothing sweeter than coming home! I told the kids we were gone as many days as it rained for Noah on the ark. They thought that was cool.
The morning after our 14.5 hour drive home was our
11 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! Instead of going "out" to celebrate we were just glad to come home. We did escape from unpacking suitcases and cleaning out the van long enough to enjoy yummy herb crusted salmon, fettuccine Alfredo, and a nice glass of wine at Olive Garden. Thanks Mandy for offering to watch the kids, you're awesome!! I am so thankful that I'm on this journey in life with Jason. He really is my best friend - I think we make a pretty good team - whether in the city or on the farm!!
The countdown is now on! 3 weeks till MOVING DAY!! It's a bittersweet time for us! My upcoming blog posts might sound like a split personality person! One moment I focus on what is to come and get excited and the next minute I just want to cry! Lots of emotions but we have TWO goals for the next three weeks . . . PARTY and PACK!!! Party with our friends, party with our neighbors, party at some of our favorite Utah places and PACK PACK PACK!!

2 comments:

robduke said...

Wow...I thought I was busy...we definitely need to catch up soon...j

Monica said...

So glad you made it back safely...I am so excited for you all moving to Nebraska, that is a direction I can get Ryan to go, so I will plan a long weekend after you have been there and gotten settled in. I hope the packing goes smoothly and your last few weeks are memorable! Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...