Thursday, January 1, 2009

2,250 MILES Later . . .

2,250 MILES later and we're home!! Yes, you read that number correct! We had a great time with our families but it did include a lot of drive time! (My list of what to do with kids on a road trip is increasing . . . let me know when you need ideas!)

When you live so far away from everyone you CHERISH your time together, even if it is super short! I'll post pictures of our good times later, my camera battery is charging!

Is is possible to NOT be GRUMPY when you have bags to unpack, a van full of crap (I mean toys) that need to be organized and placed in the right spot, and piles everywhere needing your attention? The goal of today has been to get unpacked and pack up the Xmas stuff. I just can't get in a good mood so I did what we should all do when we are grumpy . . . . I took a bubble bath! Jason ran to the gas station to get me a massive Dr. Pepper . . . hopefully that will help the mood too, or at least give me a boost of energy to attack these piles!!

I heard Coleson ask Carter why he was picking up the tree skirt and Carter said, "Because it's the holidays and on the holidays we clean up!" Funny! Earlier I had told them it was New Year's Day and they asked "what do we do then?" I said we take down the Christmas stuff and Ian said, "that doesn't sound like fun!" I agree Ian!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I know how you feel. We drove 16 hours on Tuesday and I feel like all I've been doing since then is putting stuff away and doing laundry. I think the bubble bath and Dr. Pepper sound wonderful - maybe that's what I'll do tonight! Glad you had a great time with family!

Monica said...

Oh my! That is alot of road time. You two are my heros!! I am glad you guys had a safe trip to and from. Happy New Year! I loved all the pics and activities! I can not believe your kiddos are getting so big! We Love You All!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...