Thursday, October 16, 2008

Timpanogos Cave Hike



















We hiked the Timpanogos Cave Hike today. We've been waiting to hike it when we thought it would be safe for the twins. It's a paved path but has some drop off cliffs. Ian and Jason scoped it out back in the summer for us. The kids did amazing! It was definitely a hand holding hike, which is unlike most hikes we do, but nobody cared. It was beautiful to see all the colors of Fall. I was trying to get a great photo for a holiday card but not sure I got it. I did get some great shots of the kids individually. The cave tour was very interesting. I don't think I've ever been in a cave. Ian, our little scientist, loved it! He even noticed the stalagmites changing back to a darker color from the brilliant white as we made out climb up. He must have been paying attention to the park rangers explanations. Carter and Coleson fed off of each others fears and were a little scared at times. Within seconds of exiting they both said, "That was awesome!" Then Coleson said, " I was scared some of the time but the whole time I wasn't scared." (I think he meant he wasn't scared the entire time.) It really is amazing when one of them is scared or hurt I think the other one physically takes that on themselves, not all the time but often. Tatum was just ready for her nap and thought she'd share her crying with the rest of our tour group. HA! It was a great day, just what I needed . . . family days/activities really help me stay sane and keep me from focusing on the day to day craziness of having four kiddos!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...