Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

I turned 31 this Saturday and got to celebrate three nights in a row!! Thursday night all the neighbor girls took me out for dessert at Chilli's! We had a great time, thanks girls!! I think I'm still working off all that dessert! Then on Friday night Jason gave me a Fondue maker and we had 3 couples over from church for a fondue party. He even arranged for a babysitter to put the kids to bed while we all hung out upstairs. We did cheese fondue because we all know I'm a cheese lover and then we did chocolate! Fun! I totally spaced out and didn't get any pictures of us all. How come us moms forget to take pictures of our events, I never miss one of my kids events. HA!
Then on Saturday we hung out as a family. I got to sleep in till 9:30 . . . that is the best present int he world!!! Then we had our traditional birthday donuts for breakfast. We spent the afternoon going on a LONG bike ride. It was so much fun. I was amazed at how well the boys did, they all loved it. It was like a 3 mile ride we think with some hills. We had a trailer behind Jason's bike (thanks Heather!) and Tatum and Carter started in there. Half way through Coleson and Carter decided to switch out. It worked out great! I think Carter was noticing all the praise we were giving Coleson for riding so far and doing so well, he wasn't going to miss out on that. Then in the evening we went to eat at Chilli's and the boys gave me some cool converse shoes and a converse shirt! Jason said when they went shopping Ian was set on buying me a dress. They looked for one but had no luck . . . it takes me several shopping trips to find a dress for myself so I was a little nervous about what they would have come up with. When the boys spotted the cool shoes they were all happy to buy those! We ended the night with chocolate fondue with the kids. They had fun doing it!! It was a great birthday!



The best gift for my birthday is yet to come though . . . Jason gave me a surprise present! He has made arrangements for me to go Hang Gliding off of the mountain by our house!! AHHHH!! I can't wait!! We see them all the time and I've wanted to do it since we moved here! We were supposed to go on Friday night but the guy called and said the mountain was closed for hang gliders because of a remote control airplane competition. Crazy! Anyway I'll be taking the jump in the next week or so . . . stay tuned for pics on my blog!! For all of you (mom) worried about it, it's not as dangerous as you think. I'll be with a professional and it's nothing like when Jas and I sky dived. That I won't do again!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!! Looks like you had a great weekend. I thought you were crazy when you went sky diving and I still think you're crazy to go hang gliding! Glad it's you and not me!! Have fun...can't wait to see the pictures!

Nicole said...

Happy birthday, Nic!! It's strange to think you're only 6 years older than me...you used to seem much older back in those babysitting days...HA!

Sweet Pea said...

Happy Late Birthday! The sleeping in till 9:30 sounds like the greatest gift to me. Ha!! The hang gliding thing...all I can say you are a brave woman or maybe by the time I have 4 kids I'll be ready to hang glide too. HA!!! Have fun and don't hurt yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...