Saturday, September 13, 2008

Celebrating!

Jason and I sporting our SMCC 10 year anniversary shirts!


This blog entry is a little different than the rest of my posts; I usually just write about my kids, family, and life as a mom. I don't usually use this as the place to share about my life as a follower of Christ but this weekend Jason and I had the best evening celebrating with our church their 10 year anniversary. It was such an amazing evening seeing how God has changed so many lives as people have come to a personal relationship with Christ. Jason and I moved to Salt Lake two years ago because we wanted to be apart of those changed lives. We had seen God change people's lives in Oklahoma and we wanted to be a part of that in Utah also. I'd be lieing if I said the past two years haven't had it's difficult moments or if we haven't each felt like we were in a "valley" at times; but last night as we celebrated I was reminded of how great our God is and how much he takes delight in our lives being changed by Him. We had a concert at an outdoor amphitheatre and one of our church local bands played and then Lincoln Brewster played. I'm so stupid when it comes to music, I love music and have tons of favorite songs but I never know who sings them so I didn't really know if I knew any of Lincoln Brewster's songs - well I knew all of them. One of the songs was a song I love right now and I had just been singing it like crazy that day in the car with my kids. I guess it's one of their new songs. (It's the first song on my song list right now "Today is the Day")Anyways, in addition to music they shared a slide show at how South Mountain has grown from 4 people to 1,500 people in just 10 years. Then they had people come out and show a sign of what there life was like before knowing Christ and what there life is like after knowing Christ. It was really touching. Half way through it I started videoing it and thought I'd post it to show you. It was just a refreshing evening knowing that we serve an amazing God!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

We do serve an AMAZING God! Being apart of those changed lives makes the difficult times worth it. Thanks for sharing this with us - the video brought tears to my eyes.

Becca said...

Nicole, thank you so much for posting that video! It was soooo encouraging to me! We miss SMCC so much and sooo wanted to be there this weekend! Praise God for all he is doing there! We'll be there is a couple days! Hope we get to see you!

Sweet Pea said...

WOW! That's awesome! I'm so glad that you and Jason are right in the middle of God's amazing work and that you are experiencing lives being changed! What a BIG reason to celebrate!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...