Monday, September 8, 2008

Camping!!

This past weekend we went camping for one night with two of our good friends and there families. We are all neighbors so it looked like a caravan pulling out of this neighborhood with all our cars loaded down - for ONE night! We just went close by in American Fork Canyon. It was beautiful! It was cold though and Taters didn't sleep well. Through the night I was thinking to myself . . . "I am not camping again" (well, till next year! ha) As always I love the evenings and mornings of a camp trip. The night just isn't fun for mom . . . I worry if everyone is cold, sleeping well, etc. - not to mention I think I was sleeping on a boulder! Camping isn't something I grew up doing . . . I think the one time we went as a family we were at the site for 30 minutes when my mom suggested going into town to TCBY for yogurt! HA, remember that mom? I think we even hung out at Walmart or awhile. Your idea of camping has always been the Holiday Inn! I'd choose the Holiday Inn on any trip too but I have come to really love camping because of Jas and the boys. It's such a fun time as a family!!

Before the trip even started Jason decided to dress up in his "camp" outfit and walk across the street to see if they were ready?? I was dying laughing because another neighbor was outside and saw him cross the street and asked if he was going hiking!! (If you don't hear from me for awhile it's because Jason shot me for posting this picture but it's just too funny!!)
Friends - Carter and Hannah, Jas and I, & Ryan and Heather. We are so lucky to have such fun neighbors and friends!
My FAVORITE part of camping . . . breakfast food!! Our kids love the bacon too! It makes me forget about the terrible night of sleep I got! Here's 8 of the 10 kiddos! They had a blast racing all over and playing. We were at a really safe site without cliffs, rivers, and all the other mountain hazards! They had fun together getting so dirty!!
I LOVE this picture because Tatum has been so in love with Sophie the last two weeks. She talks about her all the time at home. She is obviously adoring Sophie in this picture!


3 comments:

jasonq said...

I don't know - I think I look pretty hott. (yes - with 2 "t"s) I think I look like a serious hiker! I might even put it on my facebook profile!(ha)

Heather said...

sooo fun!!! We have to go plan some more trips for next summer!!!
I love your pictures.. I might have to steal a couple for my blog.. I hope you don't mind...

Melvena said...

Ahhhh..... camping, it's some of the BEST memories we have with our boys. Now that they are teens, they get their own tent, which of course means Brad & I get our own tent ;) Never give up camping, it's alot of work but it's one the the best family memory builders EVER!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...