Thursday, May 22, 2008

BROTHER'S DAY - MAY 21st!!!!


Did you know May 21st was Brother's Day??? It was at our house!! Yesterday morning I heard the twins playing and one of them said to the other, "I'm going to give you something on Brother's Day." Later they came and told me today was Brother's Day. I thought it was so funny - we just had Mother's Day , why not have a Brother's Day?! I was telling my mom about it on the phone and thought how fun it would be to make this a holiday at our house! My teacher wheels starting turning. So I told all the boys we would start celebrating brother's day. Jason was working late and I had to go to the store anyways so we decided we'd go to McDonald's for Brother's Day and then go buy stuff to make cupcakes. Ian, being my gift giver, said "Well on Mother's Day we always buy stuff for you so I think we should all get to buy a toy!" Good try Ian but we can't afford another financial holiday at this house!! We spent the evening making cupcakes together. The boys then each drew names and decorated a cupcake for their brother. It was so fun, while decorating we talked about how cool it was to have brother's. I heard Ian tell Tatum in 6 more days we'd have Sister Day!! How funny! At one point Carter started whining about something and Ian said, "There isn't any whining on Brother's Day!" Sounds like the best day of the year now!! HA!! It wasn't on the list of things to do that day but it became a special day! Jason and I were talking and dreaming how maybe our new tradition could turn into something really cool. Maybe the "brothers" will grow up and all celebrate Brother's Day together even when they are older with camp outs and other boy events!! It made me think of my sister in law Chrissy . . . she's a twin and after marrying my brother they came up with a "Chrissy Day" since she had always celebrated her birthday with her twin. I think my brother goes all out for HER DAY!! What a great idea!

4 comments:

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

Oh my gosh, I love your boys! They are so funny! Brother's Day!!! What a great idea! Tell Ian I said hi! Nic, your a great story teller! Oh, and you are probably going to be so glad you have this blog because you can look back at it and include these stories in your scrapbooks! That is what I have been doing!

Jenny said...

That is so hilarious and so creative, sounds like ya'll have so much fun at your house, wish we could come by for a cupcake on brothers day!

Anonymous said...

I love the "Brother's Day" idea. Your blog is so cool. I can't believe how big Tatum is already. Yesterday I spent the morning putting away little Hunter's baby clothes that he has already grown out of. It made me sad. Now I know what people mean when they always told me that "They grow up so fast". Thanks for all your updates!!! ~Marshalene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...