Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday to my DAD today!


My dad has given me so many life gifts that I'm thankful for. He's a man of passion and integrity. He leads well and has given his life to people.  Of all the gifts he's given me I'd say these are my top 5 favorite gifts that have impacted my life. 

1. He gave me the gift of his presence throughout life. He was at all my tennis matches even though I wasn't the star player, he was there. Now that I'm a parent I know without a doubt those were not scheduled at convenient times for his work week but he was there. Sometimes the only Dad there, to this day I remember that. Thank you Dad!

2. He gave me opportunities and space to discover Jesus Christ on a very personal level. I was a pastor's kid growing up so to be able to discover Jesus throughout life and not have it forced down me with pat answers is a gift I cherish. My faith is real; it is my faith not just my parents faith. He has shown me that your faith is a journey and you never stop learning and you never stop growing. 

3 He taught me that "People Matter to God". (This was the heartbeat of the church I grew up in. We saw this phrase everywhere.) It has shaped my life.

4. From a young age he told me to "guard my heart". (Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.)  Being a passionate person himself, and raising a passionate daughter this phrase has stayed near to me throughout life.  

5 He gave me a model of what to look for in a partner for life.  

Dad, I love you! Happy Birthday! Thank you for the gifts you've given me! I hope my life and the way I live it has been a gift back to you! Love you!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is awesome! Made me think about my own dad and what gifts I would say he's given me. You are blessed to have such a great father!

prassanna said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.








Birthday Gifts for Dad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...