Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lots to say!

I've taken a short blog break the last few days so I can get caught up on laundry. I was almost caught up yesterday and then everybody got dressed and put on clothes. I'm thinking about having a naked day each week at our house just so I know for ONE day I won't have clothes piling up. Anyone want to join in on that idea?? We could wear robes all day or something? HA!

I have several things to post and I'm feeling yuck today so kickin back and blogging sounds better than being productive!

Today's Election Day and I voted early this morning. While standing in the line for an hour it did make my mind wonder to thinking about all the different lives we live, yet we come together on this day to participate in the same event! I, like some of you, struggled with my confidence in voting this year. Nothing felt 100% right to me but I did my part I guess.

I got a cute idea from Family Fun Magazine to do a Vote here at home with the kids. So yesterday I made up a ballot for each member of the fam to vote on dinner tonight. Last night we looked at the ballots and at breakfast this morning every one voted secretly. The boys were so cute they all asked right away this morning to vote. It was such a simple yet fun thing to do. We even let Tatum vote . . . she just pointed to something in each category . . . we all laughed because she was so serious about it and obviously was clueless about what was going on. I haven't posted the results yet but I'm hoping Carter and Coleson understand that is wasn't a personal menu they were filling out, they may not get what they voted for! Here's the ballot . . .
I'll let you in on the results early . . . we will be eating SOUP (YEAH, it's cold out. In case you are wondering the other picture was of Tater Tots for Tater Tot Casserole), grapes and pears tied so I guess we'll mix them together, and POP to drink (I knew that was coming so I had to stop at the gas station today so I was prepared!). Happy Voting to all of you!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You could always leave them in their pajamas all day! Love your voting activity. I'm sure the kids enjoyed taking part in deciding what was for dinner. Big surprise that they chose pop!! :)

Amy said...

To Carter and Coleson... if you didn't get what you voted for, just know that there's alot us who also didn't get what we voted for, but we'll make the best of it, right? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...