Monday, June 30, 2008

Tatum's Pacifer Future is in your hands!

We are trying to decide if/when we should get rid of Tatum's pacifier - now or the end of summer?? She's our only pacifier kid so this is all new! We've done the thumb thing but never the pacifier. Tatum's 20 months and I just feel I should get rid of it before 2 so it's easier. I'd love your input! If you haven't ever commented on the blog it's simple. After the blog post just click on the word comment and you can leave your comment. Here's the pacifier question . . . . Do we go cold turkey over 4th of July weekend or do we wait until the end of the summer? We'll be with our niece who is still a baby so I've been telling Tatum we could give our pacifier's to Baby Avery. It could turn in to a long drive home but then it would be done. It has to be all or nothing or I'll cave in. We do have several long car trips yet this summer so I'm trying to decide if I should wait until after the summer but I fear she'll be even more attached because of the amount of sucking she'll do on those long drives OR do we just do it now and risk her being fussier on those car rides.? Send in your opinions. I have a few days to decide if Baby Avery is going to inherit the pacifiers or not??

5 comments:

mglanzer5 said...

Selfishly, I say wait until the end of summer. Only because I don't want to be around to witness it. Some day we want kids.

jlg said...

Funny, funny mglanzer5!! We've told Baby Avery that she's getting new toys for the plane ride home, so you better not let her down!

Heather said...

Hello, When are we going to hang out? Now you guys are leaving.. We need to go camping! All your new pics are so cute! I have no idea about the pacifer.. I hate those struggles where you can see the good on both sides.. and the bad... ahhh sorry I wish I could help more. Call me when you get back in town! I want to hear all about your trip!

Heidi said...

I was always the type of person who said the pacifier was going to be gone by 1...well, the boys are 2 1/2 and they still use it at night. My pediatrician told me it wasn't a big deal and wouldn't affect their teeth if they only used it at night time. He said if it helped them sleep, why would I want to take that away?

I'm glad I didn't get rid of it, because we're going through so many transitions right now and I really feel like it's helped them through it. I am thinking that once we get settled in England- really settled- then we're going to get rid of it then.

My mom always said that they're not going to kindergarten with it, so there's no stress to get rid of it. Every kid is different- so if Tatum is ready and open to it- go for it. If you feel like it will be a big stress, then that is up to you.

Sorry for the big response- just thought I'd let you know what we're going through!

Monica said...

I was blessed with neither of my girls wanting pacifiers or thumbs so I have no idea...my only thought is maybe find something in return that sooths her when she would usually want the pacifier...a new stuff toy, blanket..something that is only hers at that time of the day...I don't know that is just a thought...good luck I am sure you will do whats best for all of you...have fun on the trips...love the blog and still miss you..hugs and kisses Monica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...